Grand National horse Broadway Boy is alive after sickening fall as announcement made - Iqraa news

Grand National horse Broadway Boy

-Credit:PA Archive/PA Images

Grand National viewers were left upset after a sickening fall left many fearing Broadway Boy had been killed during the race. It has now been confirmed he survived and has been taken back to stables for further assessment

The horse, trained by Nigel Twiston-Davies, was leading the National before falling horribly about three-quarters through. He appeared to land on his neck and wasn't moving as TV cameras moved on to follow the race following the incident at the 25th fence.

ITV viewers expressed their anger in the aftermath over the lack of any mention or update on the live TV coverage in the immediate aftermath. An update was issued just over half an hour after the race confirming Broadway Boy was being assessed on the course. It was confirmed that Celebre D'Allen had also fallen, with the next race at 5pm delayed by 13 minutes as treatment continued.

READ MORE: Grand National horse killed in horror fall as jockey taken away in ambulance

READ MORE: Grand National 2025 tips as experts now all backing same horse that's not the favourite

Broadway Boy jockey Tom Bellamy was taken to hospital for further assessment after his fall, with many fearing the worst for the horse.

However, an update from the Jockey Club shortly before 5.20pm said: "Broadway Boy walked on to the horse ambulance and will return to the stables for further assessment."

One angry viewer said: "Disgraceful from ITV Racing in not updating on safety of horses, especially Broadway Boy, which didn't look good. All smiles and going on about winners, whilst people concerned about fallers."

Another added: "Come on @itvracing we are all waiting to hear about Broadway Boy!! Not a mention so far - disgusting!!"

A horse did die on the opening day of this year's Grand National festival. Willy De Houelle suffered a fatal fall in the second race at Aintree on Thursday afternoon, with jockey Rachael Blackmore taken away in an ambulance after the horror incident.

Since the inaugural Grand National in 1839, 88 horses have lost their lives during the race, nearly 15 of which occurred between 2000 and 2022.

After modifications to the course were introduced in 2012, five deaths have occurred, but a total of 61 have died since 2000 across all events.

You can see the full Grand National results and where your horse finished here.

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Cardiff City player ratings at QPR as defender the standout and sub still has massive part to play - Iqraa news
NEXT Swansea City ratings as defensive stars shine bright but forward line struggles in Derby win - Iqraa news